Richard, my friend from Tanzania is at Bible school near Arusha in the north of the country and would appreciate our prayer. Here’s what he says… or at least my translation thereof!
“I greet you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I thank God for how he is in charge in my life. Because I have been able to arrive in the year 2009 being safe.
- My mother has received medicine which has helped to reduce the poison in her body. [she has had problems from years of working in an agricultural chemical shop]
- My mother is progressing well and has already returned home to Mbozi
- I finished my exams well
- Myself having good health
- We finished paying the school fees of my sister
- I did well in my studies last term!
- Pray that my mother is completely healed, because she expects to see the doctor again after one month.
- Pray that my mother has money for all her needs (food, to pay water bill) and for starting work because she doesn’t have work that brings money.
- January 2009 Mather [Richard’s sister] will be in fourth form of secondary school. Please pray that she is able to do well and to continue to form 5
- Pray for Mather to get the school fees for next year (2009)
- Your prayers in order that I know more the secrets/mysteries of God in my life”
“After the new year I went to Dar es Salaam:
When I went to Dar I preached in the Tanzanian Assemblies of God church. The pastor of this church is my Uncle, it’s where my mother was staying [when she was receiving treatment for her illness]. I really saw God’s strength in that church, because the church is in a Muslim area, but it is growing at a good rate. The church started in February last year, being made up of very few believers – the family of the pastor, but now there are 25 believers and they have started to build a church building because they don’t have a place to worship. They were worshipping in the pastor’s house, and later they put up a tent.
Prayer requests for the church:
- The church to mature spiritually and grow in number
- Muslims be saved, because the area is a Muslim area
- To get money in order to finish building the church, because when people see that a church has been built they are attracted to go to the church
- Pray for the pastor and his family to be able to live their lives in a good way
- Pray for new believers. Many of them are slipping back because of the spirit of Islam and some of them are following traditional religions
- Pray for the children’s ministry, because there are verrrry many children
- Some of the parents of the children are not saved, but the children are going to church. So through the children, pray that the parents would be able to know God.”
“God bless you all very much!